Différentiel d’ÉgalitéReference# Differentiel dEgalite WG SilverNEWCompare
- Limited Edition: 33 pieces
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 44mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber
- Function: spherical différentiel d’égalité, inclined escapement, dead-beat seconds, power reserve, stop balance and reset on dead-beat seconds
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: frosted nickel with gold hour ring
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-sewn alligator leather
Robert Greubel and Stephen Forsey first unveiled their invention at Baselworld 2008 as part of the EWT Laboratory and then presented a more advanced version of a technical demonstrator at SIHH 2010. Since then, further exciting paths have been explored to help optimize accuracy in this new timepiece. The Différentiel d'Égalité enables steady distribution of power from the mainspring barrel to the regulating organ, which maintains a constant balance amplitude during the 60 hours of the power reserve.
In a first for Robert Greubel and Stephen Forsey, this timepiece features dead-beat seconds. This makes it easier to read and to set the time precisely. The timepiece is equipped with a balance wheel stop and seconds reset activated by pulling the crown. The heart and the hammer of this mechanism are visible on the movement side. The 30° angle of the balance wheel and escapement minimizes the effects of gravity and ensures efficient movement performance in stable positions. This Greubel Forsey technique guarantees excellent mean/averaged balance wheel performance, which is the mark of heightened timekeeping accuracy. All of these components work together magnificently to help improve performance.