A. Lange & Söhne
1815 Up/DownReference# 234.021Manufacturer's retail price: $29,400.00Compare
- Case: 18-karat yellow gold
- Size: 39mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber L051.2
- Function: power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Dial: silver
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched crocodile
The name of the 1815 Up/Down refers to the birth year of Ferdinand A. Lange and to the brand's iconic UP/DOWN power-reserve indicator, a device first used in historic pocket watches and marine chronometers. It dates back to A. Lange patent granted in 1879.
Functions: Hours and minutes. Subsidiary seconds dial with stop seconds. Up/Down power-reserve indicator, 72 hours power reserve.