H. Moser & Cie. likes to surprise... often in the most unexpected of places. The Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde is a case in point. Pairing the
rectangular case of its Swiss Alp Watch with the highly technical movement from its sister brand Hautlence, H. Moser & Cie. has created a delightful
surprise that combines tradition with modernity. This unique approach faithfully employs classic haute horlogerie techniques
whilst incorporating the ultimate in technological movements. A striking contrast in a mesmerizingly beautiful watch that is compelling from every
The Swiss Alp Watch stands against the tide of smart watches, as a symbol of traditional Swiss watchmaking. The Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde features all the attributes one would expect in a timepiece made in the haute horlogerie tradition: the piece features a minute dial created in Grand Feu enamel and a flame-blued retrograde hand. Its rectangular case is spectacular with its rounded corners, curved sapphire crystal on its edges, and three 3D sapphire crystals adorning the top and sides. The exquisite curved crystal case sets off the Hautlence HL2.0 caliber to stunning effect. The hourly rotation of the regulating organ on the mobile form movement can be admired through the large opening. The escapement and hairspring are produced in-house by Precision Engineering AG, a sister company of H. Moser & Cie. and Hautlence.
On this jumping hours model, the hours are shown in Roman numerals — as is the tradition — and are driven by a chain system comprising 12 hinged links. Occurring every 60 minutes, the jump is not instantaneous, taking place over 3 to 4 seconds, in a controlled way to ensure the components are protected from shocks, thanks to the mechanism's integrated speed regulator. This smooth rotation, with no shock or loss of power, means that the wearer can admire the beauty of the movement at work. Equipped with two barrels, the HL2.0 automatic caliber on the Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde guarantees a 45-hour power reserve, displayed on an indicator at 6 o'clock. H. Moser & Cie. chose alligator leather for the strap, which has a matte look on this model thanks to its carbon-effect finish. The timepiece comes with a second strap, in beige kudu leather with a green leather lining – a true hallmark of H. Moser & Cie. Each variant has a classic look, with a dynamic, modern touch that really sets it apart.
H. Moser & Cie. and Hautlence belong to MELB Holding, an independent family group based in Switzerland. This affiliation makes possible a series of collaborations, proving that there is strength in numbers. The Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde is the second product on which the two companies have cooperated. In October 2015, Hautlence led the way by launching the Tourbillon 01, a timepiece from the Atelier collection equipped with the HMC 802 manufacture caliber from H. Moser & Cie. The huge success of these two partnerships is largely due to the way in which the identity and personality of each manufacture is respected, which is no small achievement.
Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde
Reference 5900-0200, limited edition of 10 pieces.
- Solid 18-karat white gold
- Dimensions: 48.0 x 42.1 mm, height: 18.3 mm
- See-through sapphire crystal caseback and sapphire crystal on the side of the case
- Crown adorned with an “M”
- Engraved as a limited edition
- Window revealing the mechanism
- White Grand Feu enamel minute dial
- Half-trailing hours system displayed by a chain at 11 o’clock
- Blued retrograde minute hand
- Hautlence HL2.0 automatic manufacture caliber
- Mobile form movement, with a regulating organ that completes one 60° rotation each hour
- Hours displayed with a 12-link chain and hinged pallet system, controlled by a speed regulator that rotates 48 times with each passing hour
- Off-center rotor, oscillating weight made from 18-karat white gold
- Power reserve: 45 hours
- Two barrels: going train barrel and complication barrel
- Original Straumann Hairspring with stabilized Breguet overcoil
- Movement and components finished and decorated by hand (satin-finishing and drawing, hand beveling, anthracite ruthenium coating and mirror-polished
- Half-trailing hours
- Retrograde minutes
- Power reserve indicator
- Hand-stitched black alligator strap with carbon-effect finish for a matte look or beige kudu leather strap with Moser green leather lining
- 18-karat solid white gold folding clasp engraved with the Moser logo